Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

emmalia

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 17 May 2008 14:27

I am trying to find info on Emmalia Taylor born according to her birth certificate in a van oposite to goodhead st in nottingham. I am trying to find he rparents charles taylor and alice smith.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 17 May 2008 14:29

what dates susan

Susan

Susan Report 17 May 2008 14:30

she wa sborn in 1885 and moved to accrington lancashire. I know she had a sister lucy who at one time lived in handsworth birmingham

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 17 May 2008 14:33

1901 England Census
about Emmalia Taylor
Name: Emmalia Taylor
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
Relation: Servant
Where born: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

Civil Parish: Cannock
Ecclesiastical parish: Hednesford St Peter
Town: Five Ways
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Cannock
Sub registration district: Cannock
ED, institution, or vessel: 20
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 77
Household Members: Name Age
Alf H Heath 17
Ann Heath 40
Charles Heath 45
Florence Heath 6
John E Heath 12
Thomas Heath 19
Emmalia Taylor 16

Susan

Susan Report 17 May 2008 14:37

Emmalia was her name on her marriage cert. Emmeline was on ger birth and emily on her death It is her parents charles taylor and alice smith i am having dificulty with. He rfather was a horse slaughterer

Susan

Susan Report 17 May 2008 16:05

I have no idea where either parent was born He was a horse slaughterer someone has found something on the 1891 and 1901 for alice maybe born in wanstead essex but she is a widowon these . i dont know if they were travellers or not

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 16:57

i know this is an old post but i am still stuggling to find charles and alice the 1901 for emmalia is right i am sure , any help please

Dea

Dea Report 5 Nov 2008 17:07

Susan,

It's O.K. if you 'bump up' your own old post (at least we know you are still there!) - In fact it is better than starting a new one as we can see what has been done already !

Will have a look for you after Dinner and see if I can find anything (If someone else hasn't already sorted it!)

Dea x

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 17:10

Dea thank you I will also be back later about 7-30ish husband got man flu

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 5 Nov 2008 17:12

1891 England Census
about Emily Taylor
Name: Emily Taylor
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
Relation: Daughter
Mother's Name: Alice
Where born: Nottinghamshire, England

Civil Parish: St Mary
Ecclesiastical parish: St Phillip
County/Island: Nottinghamshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View Image

Registration district: Nottingham
Sub registration district: Nottingham South East
ED, institution, or vessel: 22
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Alice Taylor 34
Charles Taylor 8
Emily Taylor 6
Fred Taylor 13
Henry Taylor 11
John Taylor 7

View
Original
Record

View original image

Dea

Dea Report 5 Nov 2008 17:27

Poor you !!!!!!!!!!! - The dreaded 'man flu' is SSSoooo debilitating (I thought I had better get that word out of the way before I started on my 'cooking wine' (Tee hee).

Will be back later,

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 5 Nov 2008 17:50

Susan,

Can you give ALL the details from Emmalia's wedding cert please - including ages, occupations, addresses, witnesses - everything !

Dea x

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 19:27

HI dea Emmalia Taylor age 24 spinster cotton weaver 7 Arthur st Clayton le moors nr accrington father charles taylor deceased horseman married george crawshaw of 99 richmond st accrington father william crawshaw weaver witnessess Harry Binns Boulton and Nellie Boulton entyr no 169 at All saints church clayton le moors 20 .2 1909 . So she must have moved up here between 1901 and 1909 trust me to have a name like smith

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 19:28

Hi Blossom I did find this and sent off for one of the sons birth certs but it came back as different father than charles so they didnt send it

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 19:40

Dea on her birth cert it says b 5.11 1884 emmeline father charles taylor mother alice taylor formerley smith fathers occupation horse slyghterer and that she was born in a van opposite to goodhead st nottingham sub distict of Park

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 19:40

i havent gone if anyone replies i am just looking something up

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 20:01

n

Dea

Dea Report 5 Nov 2008 20:05

Still here - still looking!

Will come back when I find something for you.

So far - witnesses are also from Lancashire but don't know the connection:

Marriages Jun 1908 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>BOULTON Harry Binns Haslingden 8e 186
Boulton Harry Bl[a_][n_]s Haslingden 8e 186
EDWARDS Robert Haslingden 8e 186
>>>HAYTON Nellie Haslingden 8e 186
RILEY Louisa Haslingden 8e 186
Riley Margaret Haslingden 8e 186

Dea x

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 20:16

Thanks Dea I have just been looking for the boulton family and found him on the 1901 census but no connection that i can see. i am having to go for a while but i willl be back thank you for your help it is much appreciated . of all the things i have found she alludes me and her parents and she was the only one i knew . I know she had a sister lucy who lived in handsworth birmingham i can remember visiting when i was small she was younger than my nan but i cant remember her married name this would be in the 60s

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 21:07

n