Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Thompson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(Irene) Vi

(Irene) Vi Report 21 May 2007 17:59

I am trying to find any relations of Blanche Thompson born London about 1905-6. She was my mother's sister. She came from a large family of 13 children. Her mother was Sarah Thompson and father Ernest Thompson. Apparently she left home in the mid-20's and never really kept in touch and I think the last time my mother saw her was in Finsbury Park in the late 20's or early 30's. She apparently had two boys and the story goes she was married but then left her first husband and married someone by the name of Warner and, as the story goes, he was related to the Warner's holiday camp family. Don't know how true this is but you never know! Another story was she emigrated so really I am looking for a needle in a haystack but who knows I may find out about her somehow. I cannot find her on any census and will have to wait until 2011 when the 1911 census comes out - hopefully I will get to London soon to look at the records but until then this is all I know.