Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Ronald John Thompson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 8 Nov 2007 20:23

I'm looking for Ronald John Thompson who I believe was born in Cardiff in 1927 and could possibly/hopefully be my father. I am Phil one of four Thompsons born to Pat who has now regretfully passed away.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONNE who could give me a direction.I don't want to rock anybodys boat, I would be over the moon if someday I could just even get a photo of him as I don't even know what he looks like. Thanks for taking the time to read this message. Phil(ip) Thompson (Plymouth)

Thomas

Thomas Report 9 Nov 2007 15:29

Hello Phil. not the news you wish to hear, but a Ronald John FR Thompson died in Torbay in 1993. His date of birth is given as 12 Apr 1927. On a more positive note you can order the death cert. which will probably allow you to trace his family. The ref. is Torbay 11/1993 reg. no. C19A entry 226.
One point - his birth is registered as 'Newton Abbot.- Mothers maiden name Roberts.
best wishes - tom

Philip

Philip Report 9 Nov 2007 16:02

Hi Tom, thankyou for your response,i don't think it is him but thankyou very much anyway. Phil. T.

Thomas

Thomas Report 9 Nov 2007 20:56

Hello Phil, another try, a Ronald J Thompson was born in cardif in Q3 1927 mothers name Owen. ref 11a 659. You could order a copy of his birth cert. and possibly trace siblings. This would widen your search.
best wishes - tom