Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Thorogood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 9 Feb 2007 11:18

I am trying to trace any family of William Thorogood and Eliza Elizabeth (formerly Manning). They married on the 8th April 1917 at All Saints Church Poplar. The witnesses on the certificate were Frank Francis L. Bridges and Edith Thorogood. I think they may have had a son William born in 1919 but other than that I have no information on the family. Any help would be appreciated. Eliza was my father's sister.

Pippa

Pippa Report 1 Nov 2007 09:20

My grandmother was Edith Thorogood (b. 1894 Great Bardfield, Essex). She had a brother called William Thorogood. I would be interested to know if you have found more information. William and Edith's parents were John White Thorogood and Ann Suckling.
[email protected]

Lynn

Lynn Report 18 Nov 2007 17:42

II have a William Thorogood born 1886, in my tree, sibling of Eliza, Matthew, Millie, Mary and Alice, born Ratcliffe St James London, parents were William and Eliza 1851C, if this is connected please advise, I would also appreciate any help to confirm my research is correct.

Carol

Carol Report 26 Nov 2007 16:35

I believe that the William Thorogood in my tree had parents William and Ada and their children were William born c1896, Edith born c1901 Samuel born c1912. My William married Eliza Elizabeth Manning on 8th April 1917. To my knowledge they had no children. William died in 1954 and Eliza Elizabeth remarried.