Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hilda

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Mar 2008 13:42

Trying to find any details re Hilda Nicholls born 27th Aug 1909 - Died 1952. Married to Ernest Castle. They had 4 children, Marion 1929 and died 1929, Florence born 1930 (my mum), Windsor born 1932 & Ernest born 1936.
She was my Grandma she was supposed to have been adopted after being born at Bagthorpe hospital in Nottingham.
Her mum was called Mabel. Ive tried to find info before my Grandma was born but always hit a blank wall.
It's details of her past i'm interested in and any help would be fantanstic!! I've tried everything any info no matter how small would be brill thanx.

Potty

Potty Report 9 Mar 2008 13:55

Lisa

Freebmd has 20 Hilda's registered in Nottingham for Jun-Aug quarter 1909 - and 20 for the following quarter when the birth could have been registered, No Nicholls, which presumably is her adopted name. Did she have a middle name?

Two possibles, given her mother's name:

1909 Jun- Aug
Harvey Hilda Mabel Nottingham 7b 435

1909 Sep-Dec
Padgett Hilda Mabel Nottingham 7b 388

You could try ordering the certs from the GRO using mother's first name as a checking point. They won't send the cert if the checking point is wrong, but you will be charged £4 instead of £7