Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick (another angle!)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 17 Jul 2008 20:01

(see previous posts!)

The main point of this research was to try and find out what happened to my grandmother's father. I am also trying to find out about his background and parents etc but would love to be able to find out what happened after he left his wife and children.

To sum up: He married Dulcia Ethelyn Rowe (1925) in Totnes, Devon. They had 4 children: Iona, Dulcie, Ian and Michael Nicholls (the latter of whom died at the age of 3)

They lived in Exeter. After Michael was born (1935), they seperated and Frederick disappeared. After Michael died, (1938), Frederick was found by the police in Plymouth and was summoned to court to face charges of desertion. After court, Frederick disappeared again and was never traced. This would have been around 1939.

I am presuming that with the start of WW2, the search for him wasn't high on the authorities list of priority and consequently, no trace of him has ever been found. He could have returned to Plymouth.

It may be that he had another family. He would have been born around 1894-1896 (age 45-47 at the start of WW2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly

Dea

Dea Report 17 Jul 2008 20:07

It might help if you could post the links to previous threads !!

I know this is one:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1062003

I am not sure of any others??

Dea x