Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William H Gardner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joolsann

joolsann Report 19 Feb 2009 10:36

I am trying to trace William Henry gardner born in Hook Norton about 1876

Listed on the 1881 census as henry Gardner aged 4 he is the grandson of Joseph Gardner and Elizabeth Nee Timms

he is listed on the 1901 census as married to Mary and living in Warwick Birmingham at 6 Tudor place, Lingard st he
Married Mary from Warwick Birmingham whom he must have met while working there some years before

children Emily who is three and William who is just 1year old.
Williams occupation is listed as a labourer at the Gasworks. Also lodging with them is Stephen Smith who is 20 years of age and is listed as a General labourer. Also from Hook Norton

source 1901 census (RG13/2872)
in the 1911 census William is still in Birmingham with his wife mary and children at 26 Court 2 house heneage st Birmingham he is still working as a labourer at the gasworks he is now 34 years old

Name: Relationship to head: Marital Status: Years married: Sex:
Age in 1911: Occupation: Where born: Report

GARDNER, WILLIAM HEAD MARRIED M 34 GAS WORKER HOOK NORTON OXON
GARDNER, MARY WIFE MARRIED 14 F 35 BIRMINGHAM
GARDNER, EMILY DAUGHTER SINGLE F 13 BIRMINGHAM
GARDNER, WILLIAM SON SINGLE M 11 BIRMINGHAM

I would love any information at all especially his Birth parents as I can not trace who they could have been Could be the son of thomas Gardner who died in 1881?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 19 Feb 2009 12:45

Banbury covers Hook Norton so this might be his birth cert. I found it on FreeBMD which is free to use and very easy:

Births Jun 1876 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GARDNER William Henry Banbury 3a 763

Jill