Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joan Fenton born 1923 Married Peter Frederick Warr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 10 Jan 2010 19:15

Try to trace my Aunt Joan Fenton, Married Peter Frederick Warren and then Len Meeson........Joan is sister of William Fenton, she had two children i am aware of by Peter Warren. Remarried i think to Len Meeson and move to the Midlands. Joan's Mother's maiden name was Russell (Ivy).

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 10 Jan 2010 19:33

2nd Marriage

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Joan Warren
Name: Joan Warren
Spouse Surname: Meeson
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1953
Registration district: Manchester
Registration county (inferred): Lancashire
Volume Number: 10e
Page Number: 673
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 10 Jan 2010 19:41

The second marriage was to Leonard H Meeson (it is definitely her from matching info in marriages index). This is probably his death (if he went by middle name understandably)

Name: Horace Leonard Mason
Birth Date: 26 Feb 1910
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1993
Age at death (estimated): 83
Registration district: Wolverhampton
Inferred County: West Midlands
Register number: B41A
District and Subdistrict: 0771B
Entry number: 221

although that might seem a ilttle old, you don't say your aunt's birth year. It was 1923. I don't see a death to match her details.

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 10 Jan 2010 19:44

This could be the one not the Horace Leonard Meeson above.

Births Sep 1918 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meeson Leonard H Jones Edmonton 3a 913

this is the only Joan Meeson death that matches dates.

Name: Joan Meeson
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1922
Death Registration Month/Year: Apr 1998
Age at death (estimated): 75
Registration district: Dewsbury
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register number: B38C
District and Subdistrict: 0881B
Entry number: 68

However

Who is to say Joan has passed away: she can be still alive and be in her late 80's

you can check out www.192.com and there are few Joan Meesons on there who are over the age of 65.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 10 Jan 2010 19:46

The oddity is that there are Warren-Fenton births in Poplar (where the 1948 marriage above was) in 49, 53, 59 and 69. This doesn't fit with a remarriage in 53.

I think this must be the first marriage

Name: Joan Fenton
Spouse Surname: Warren - Peter F Warren
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1944
Registration district: Hendon
Registration county (inferred): Middlesex
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 1638

This is quite confusing and I am not really comfortable putting this personal info on the boards as the people involved may be living. If you would confirm that you have recorded it I will delete the marriages info.

edit - yes - the 1948 Poplar marriage was to John E Warren, not a match.

I will PM the names of what seem to be the Warren-Fenton children and also a Meeson-Fenton birth.

Agree with Derek of course (he must have had a cousin who got the same family names, lol) and they could still be living.

Paul

Paul Report 11 Jan 2010 21:35

Thank you all, this is the first time I have used this area of GR. I am amazed at the quick response to my question. I have also drawn a blank as to finding a death for Joan, so asume she has not passed away. Bruce and Derek i think you certainly have the first marraige and possibly the second correct..i will need to carry out further investigations, i am still a bit of a newbie at this..

Carol

Carol Report 23 Aug 2012 15:50

I think I may be able to help you. My father was Leonard Henry Meeson. I was his only child by his first marriage. He then married Joan and had 2 further children with her - 1 adopted. They emigrated to Australia in about 1960 and she died there some years ago. Leonard died after her in 2005.

I have done quite a lot of family research and may be able to give you more info if you want it.I know that Joans daughter in Australia would very much like to contact her half brothers from Joan's 1st marriage. She is a very kind and understanding person - would you be able to help with this?
Please let me know you have received this reply.

LauraGillian

LauraGillian Report 4 Mar 2017 11:19

I'm not sure if you are still linked to this site.

My name is Laura, I am Joan's daughter from her marriage to Len Meeson

I leave this in the hope we can make contact