Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Parker transported for 7 years, Oct.1750

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Jan 2017 17:37

As Emigrants in Bondage 1614 - 1775 is only available on Worldwide membership of Ancestry I would be very grateful if someone could have a look at the record to see what other information there might be.

The trial at the Old Bailey can be seen by googling "old bailey richard parker". I have his first marriage to Barbary Farr, the birth of four sons, her death in 1743, and the births of his sons Peter (1747) and Daniel (1748) with a wife? named Mary. Peter is my 4xgt.grandfather.

Thank you
Jackie

alviegal

alviegal Report 2 Jan 2017 18:16

This is all it has I'm afraid. S(entenced to transportation) Sept, T(ransported) Oct.

Name: Richard Parker
Sentence Place: London, England
Departure Date: Oct 1750
Ship: Rachael
Title: The Complete Book of Emigrants in Bondage, 1614-1775

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Jan 2017 18:40

Many thanks for the information. The plot seems to get thicker as about eight years later "Richard Parker" re-appears in Shadwell. Did he come back to England? His son Richard would have only been seventeen so I don't think he would have been renting property.

Once again many thanks.
Jackie

alviegal

alviegal Report 2 Jan 2017 18:51

Just adding his marriage for info. I know you already have this. :-D

Name: Barbery Fan
Marriage Date: 8 Aug 1737
Marriage Place: Fleet Prison, London, England
Spouse: Richard Parker
FHL Film Number: 813825
Reference ID: 139-18

and

Barbery Farr

in the London, England, Clandestine Marriage and Baptism Registers, 1667-1754
Record Image View

Name: Barbery Farr
Event Type: Marriage
Marriage Date: 8 Aug 1737
Marriage Place: London, England
Residence: St Martins Vintocy
Spouse: Richard Parker, lighterman
Spouse Residence: Queenhith
Piece Description: Officiating Ministers: Walker, Wigmore, Wyatt, Shellburn, Gaynam, Ashwell, Ryder. (1734 Nov - 1738 Oct)