Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daniel McMillan, born c1780, Londonderry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Feb 2017 09:58

Daniel McMillan was born in Londonderry, Northern Ireland c 1780. His parents were John McMillan and Margaret Reid. I’m trying to establish marriage details of John and Margaret and if they had any other offspring.
I guess that McMillan could also have been McMullen or Mullen.

Daniel married Mary McKelvie in Ardrossan, Ayrshire in 1818 and they had at least 8 children. He died in April 1866 in Croft Street, Kilmarnock.

Appreciate any assistance. (David in Aberdeen, Scotland)

malyon

malyon Report 19 Feb 2017 12:30

Daniel Mcmillan
Scotland Census, 1861
Name
Daniel Mcmillan
Event Type
Census
Event Date
Registration District
Kilmarnock Landward
County
Ayrshire
Birth Year (Estimated)

David

David Report 19 Feb 2017 14:08

Only working from Scottish census info. Gives birthplace once as Londonderry and once as Derry.

No father's occupation on death record, Daniel himself was a muslin weaver.

Expect denomination as Presbyterian as children married in Church of Scotland

I have searched Rootsireland. The only glimmer I found was the Burial Record for a John Reid Mullan, aged 81, on 5th Feb 1863. The address was given as Ballymacilcorr, Maghera, Co Derry. Denomination Presbyterian. He could be a possible brother to Daniel.

Thanks for assistance