Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Blackwood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clive

Clive Report 23 Apr 2017 19:27

I am researching my Great Great Grandfather Thomas Blackwood. I have a lot of info on him, his wife and children from census data and also know the following:

Born 1819 in Inchinnan, Renfrewshire.
He grew up on Bottom Farm or Flourish farm.
Became a successful engineer and shipbuilder with Blackwood & Gordon in Paisley and then Port Glasgow.
He was also a J.P. and a member of Princes Street U.P. Church in Port Glasgow
He died in 1891 at his home "Glen Neuk" in Port Glasgow but his main residence was Woodhall mansion house.

There are lots of photos of the ships that he built, but surprisingly I have not been able to find and of the man himself.
Any help in finding a photo or portrait of Thomas or pictures of the farm in Inchinnan would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2017 21:14

Don't know if this site will help it does have quite a lot about him

https://www.myheritage.com/names/thomas_blackwood