Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DEATH CERTIFICATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 14 Jul 2017 16:09

How would I go about getting a death certificate for a person who died in Monte Carlo (British citizen) circa 1894. Can anyone help please???? :-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 14 Jul 2017 16:15

If you would like post some details there may be an entry on "British Nationals Died Overseas 1818-2005" on the Find My Past site. If there is an entry the DC will be available at a cost of £9.25 from

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You may be able to register with that site and search for yourself?

EDIT - from the info on that site -
Q1. What certificates can I order online?
You can order certificates online for birth, death, marriage, civil partnership and adoption events registered in England and Wales and for certain British Nationals, who were born, married, formed a civil partnership or died overseas.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jul 2017 16:31

It does depend if the death was registered at the British Consulate

My brother died in Spain in 2001 but his death wasn't reg at the British consulate so there's nothing online

He was buried there too

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Jul 2017 16:48

One of the guys in my tree was French ambassador for a bit during C19 and he had Brit bmds written up with notes. the ambassador at the date you give was Fred Blackwood. Blackwood kept copious records.

Your rellie was probably buried at Menton rather than MC so suggest you search from there. French late C19 bmd and burial records are comprehensive but a lot is offline. Otoh there are worse things in life than a week or so on the Cote d'Azur.