Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scott Brewer 1982

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueBrewer

SueBrewer Report 22 Aug 2017 00:18

Could anyone let me know how to get a Transcription corrected as he appears to be a twin by a different mother (Craig) and he don't like it lol On the original its smudged and picked up wrong on transcription

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 06:18

What site are you using?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Aug 2017 09:31

Births were listed on a page till it was full so there will be others with the same registration details

For instance
Births Dec 1930
Fasey Ronald F A Batchelor Greenwich 1d 1160
Humphrey Andrew J Wilson Greenwich 1d 1160
LINNEY Joyce G Hayes Greenwich 1d 1160
Savory Anthony V Poore Greenwich 1d 1160
Slaughter Leslie A Prance Greenwich 1d. 1160

The first one is my brother who died aged 3 months

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2017 09:32

If it's GR, then contact support
[email protected]
They mainly use the records from their sister site findmypast
[email protected]

There's no guarantee that either will do anything about it, or it could take a number of months before they do. The golden rule for transcribing is 'type what you see'.
It's a pity neither site have the facility to 'add alternate information' like Ancestry does.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2017 09:42

Well, if it's the Portsmouth birth FMP has the mmn starting with M while GR has it starting with R. Ancestry also shows it as starting with R.
Which site shows Craig?

If there's an error on the typed list because it doesn't reflect Scott's birth certificate, then you need to contact GRO. They can't alter images already in the public domain but could do so on their master copy.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/contact_us.asp

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Aug 2017 09:42

FMP and and ancestry have it correct

Both too have the facility to report and error

No one is going to see it on genes unless they specifically look for it

Edit FMP does have it starting with R ---- DetEcTive

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2017 09:47

Apologies, my mistake. Shirley is correct- FMP does show it as R.

Perhaps we haven't been given the full information e.g. Scott has a middle name or his birth was registered in 1st quarter 1983?

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 10:39

I think George means Scott is listed with mmn R**re, but his twin Craig Brewer (same details but the page after) has mmn M**re.

SueBrewer

SueBrewer Report 22 Aug 2017 16:02

That's what I meant AustinQ on Genesreunited

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2017 17:06

As GR doesn't seem to have the facility to submit corrections, you'll have to use the email address for support as given earlier.
If you can confirm which letter it's supposed to start with, members with subs to FMP & Ancestry can do the same.

It does all boil down to 'type what you see, not what you think' even when you know there's a glaring error.