Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert Trimble

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*s.*

*s.* Report 22 Aug 2017 10:33

Goodmorning,

I wonder if someone could help Please with details of a Robert Trimble, all I know is that he lived at sometime between 1947/1948 at 12, Bolingbroke Road W14 and that he worked for United Dairies ?

any help would be much appreciated.

Sylvia

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 10:55

Listed on the electoral register there in 1948

He was still there in 1949/ 1950/ 1951

Where has the name come from?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2017 11:12

If it was from a marriage cert, it would give his age, which would be helpful.
But he's not with a wife on the ER's which AQ mentions.

I suspect it's from a birth cert, Sylvia?
Oh, but then you would have an exact date for living at that address - unless you're just not wanting to make the date public.

There were two Trimble births in London, 1947 & 1948 - but their father was Thomas, and was married.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 11:21

Robert was possibly at 47 Rowan Road in 1946- looks to be another shared house in the same area.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2017 16:58

PM from Sylvia -

"Thank you for the information. The only info. I have is the address in W14, I don't his age, I just wondered when he lived at that address who he was living with ? "

Also at 12 Bolingbroke Road in 1949 were:
Cecil E Harington, Dorothy Harrington, John W K Harrington, Vera Mary Harrington, Archibald Irving, Harry Kite, John James O'Grady, Patrick Joseph O'Grady, Samuel P Parkes, Kevin M Plummer, Minnie E Rauchter, and Jack Sacks.

In 1948 , as well as Robert Trimble, were -
Cecil, Dorothy, and John Harrington as above; Kite, Parkes, Plummer, Sacks as above; Minnie E Rauchter, Peter Rauchter, Cyril J Dixon, Mary Clarke, Peter Babester.

In 1947 he's not among the residents at that address on the ER.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 17:05

I've just noticed that another Robert Trimble is listed in Bolingbroke Road in 1949/ 1950 at number 68:

68 Bolingbroke Road, Hammersmith
Emma E Bull
Catherine M Casey
Ethel Friedrich
John Gilleran
Mary Gilleran
Margaret Looney
Mary Looney
Bigid McLellan
Talliesyn Rees
Robert Trimble

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Aug 2017 17:05

In 1947 there's a Robert Trimble at 24 Angell Road, Lambeth, with Michael Glynn, Ellen Hanson, Mary A Key, Peter Larkin, Robert W McKee, Robert Muir, Christina Rohan, and Violet F Smith.

There's another Robert Trimble at 285 High Road, Willesden, with Owen Cattigan.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 22 Aug 2017 17:09

The Robert at 285 High Road was also listed there in 1948- our Robert was already listed at 12 Bolingbroke in 1948

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Aug 2017 11:49

PM from Sylvia says the info is from a friend's adoption papers with no age given for Robert.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 23 Aug 2017 17:40

Does it give an occupation for Robert?