Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Morgan Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 12 Sep 2017 13:33

Morgan Morgan/Morgans 1890. I have a photo of a Morgan Morgan 1890 but don't know how he fits in to my family tree. It's so annoying but will not give up. Some how he is related to the Jones from Ebbw Vale Gwent, surnames include, Came, Pope, and Price.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Sep 2017 14:06

Is the photo all you have of him?
Any clues re parents' names; place of birth, etc?

The 1901 census alone shows 21 Morgan Morgan(s) born in Wales 1889-91.

And as for Jones in Ebbw Vale - it's a needle in a haystack, I'm afraid, without any other detail.

Julie

Julie Report 12 Sep 2017 14:11

Yes the photo is all I have, it came from a family member who was a Jones, family have mentioned Blackwood in the past but nothing concrete.. I have made some head way on the Jones who came from Somerset to Gwent but unable to find a link as yet.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 12 Sep 2017 14:17

Do you mean he was born 1890 or the photo was taken 1890?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Sep 2017 14:23

In what context has the name Blackwood been mentioned in relation to Morgan?

You'll have to give us more detail of names, dates, etc - something definite to go on about any of the names you've listed.

Julie

Julie Report 12 Sep 2017 14:34

Blackwood is a place not far from Ebbw Vale Gwent, talk of a pirate, not sure how this fits in though.

Julie

Julie Report 12 Sep 2017 14:35

On the photo it state, gran Jones's dad..... Morgan Morgan 1890. That's all the clue I'm given.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Sep 2017 14:51

So who is Gran Jones?
What 's her first name? What was her husband's first name?
Whose Gran is she?

Looking for a Jones / Morgan marriage without anything else to go on, is pretty hopeless.
54 male Joneses married Morgans in Bedwellty reg district 1920-74, and another three in Blaenau Gwent reg district 1974-83, per FreeBMD.

Can you guess Morgan's age, roughly, from the photo? How is he dressed?
Is the writing on the photo modern?