Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Rolls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 25 Sep 2017 11:39

Can someone help me with a web address for electoral rolls for Manchester in the 1950s

Dea

Dea Report 25 Sep 2017 11:58

I don't know of a website but if you contact the Manchester main library they hold copies of all the electoral rolls for the area and will usually do a look up for you if you have enough detail. They may make a small charge.

Dea x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Sep 2017 16:29

Electoral Registers available
The Electoral Registers currently available at Manchester Central Library are
dated 1832-2001
Electoral rolls dated 1832-1993 are on microfilm
Electoral rolls dated 1993-2001 are in bound volumes.

Email: [email protected] or call 0161 234 1212.
Remember - the Rolls are arranged by address, not surname. Unless you know where the person lived, it would be a very long task. Voting age was 21 & over until 1971 when it reduced to 18.

Anne

Anne Report 27 Sep 2017 15:23

Thanks very much for the information, very helpful. I have contacted Manchester and awsit their reply. - Anne Coletta