Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living Relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeremy

Jeremy Report 16 Oct 2017 15:48

Hello everyone. I am trying to locate any relatives that I have. My father Vernon Smith married Edith Jowett in Bradford in 1928. They divorced on 7th December 1937.
I believe that there were children from this marriage but I have now hit a brick wall, although I suspect there may be a half brother of mine ( Brian / Bryan ) but I know no more. All help would be most appreciated.

Maddie

Maddie Report 16 Oct 2017 16:09

pm sent with 1934 birth

maddie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Oct 2017 16:42

Have we looked up these people before? It's just that when I look at births for Smith, mother's maiden name Jowett, I have already accessed two births, one for Bryan and one for Joyce, both born in Halifax.

Could this be the same family?

Kath. x

Maddie

Maddie Report 16 Oct 2017 16:47

also pm'd those births and freebmd website so he can take a look but he will need to buy certs to be sure
maddie
:-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 Oct 2017 04:15

Yes ... all this info, deleted for some reason

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Dg1IcAb_AVMJ:www.genesreunited.com.au/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1364928

(and a second page not accessible)

Jeremy it is regarded as extremely bad form to delete the work that people do for you and then ask them to do it all over again.

Helpers should keep in mind that Jeremy apparently first had his father married off to a woman he in fact never married, so query whether his Vernon Smith actually married Edith Jowett perhaps ...