Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Askeaton County Limerick Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 13 Dec 2017 21:04

Trying to find a photo of a Memorial that was erected a few years ago to celebrate the McCarthy family Bakery. It is in William Street Askeaton County Limerick. Thanks Pam

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Dec 2017 06:01

Have you tried google

Think it's a long shot anyone wil have a photo :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 14 Dec 2017 06:29

Looking at Google street view, William Street, Askeaton is just a tiny lane with a few houses. Are you sure it was Askeaton? Or perhaps there is another William Street?

Pamela

Pamela Report 14 Dec 2017 08:39

Positive it is Askeaton and yes I have tried Google.
Thanks Pam

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Dec 2017 10:45

Do you know when the memorial was erected?

I have just been up and down the whole of William St. (just a few houses, as Austin said) and there is no sign of a plaque or anything else in that line, but the street view is dated 2011, so may be too early?

For anyone who doesn't know, you can print the images on Google Street View, which is great if you want a picture of great-grandfather's house, but not so good for gravestones!

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Dec 2017 10:57

Where did you hear of the memorial? That might help with locating it?

A bit about one of the McCarthys

http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/04%2015%201944%20image1.pdf

Pamela

Pamela Report 14 Dec 2017 11:27

2011 will be too early. Thanks Pam