Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Murder abt 1978 Manchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylann

Sylann Report 11 Jan 2018 12:47

Has anyone got access to paper articles about 1978 I have a murder of a woman and the flat being set on fire to hide evidence, a Father and son were involved with the son taking the blame for it, apparently he got life

I've not mentioned any names as I think the son is still living but I would like to know if their was any thing about it in the paper that might tell me a bit more, who she was (I was told it was the wife?)

I hope my question is allowed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Jan 2018 13:13

Have you tried googling some names or the incident

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jan 2018 13:33

In theory there may be something on FMP, but unlikely as the only papers for 78 are
Aberdeen Evening Express (112,318)
Aberdeen Press and Journal (134,557)
Illustrated London News (3,763)
Sports Argus (21,517)
The Stage (9,436)

You might have to look in news archives in person, local to the event.

Sylann

Sylann Report 11 Jan 2018 13:38

Thank you I have looked an FMP and tried googling it
I'll have to go with what I have

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2018 19:47

I've found information on other recent murders simply by googling one or other of the following (using your information) ...........

murder manchester 1977-1979

name of victim

name of person(s) charged

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2018 19:50

??????????

https://books.google.ca/books?id=6kyhvZQ9n9oC&pg=PT25&lpg=PT25&dq=murder+manchester+1977-1978&source=bl&ots=a2nRmiJac5&sig=2fZyB8GrO27lCsMnFDI8VhvlOj8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP7I7n1tDYAhUU92MKHR9QAkYQ6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=murder%20manchester%201977-1978&f=false

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 11 Jan 2018 22:55

The newspaper will be the Manchester Evening News.