Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Uncle- Trevor Richards (jr) Death records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Feb 2018 08:39

Would you please look up the death record for my Uncle, Trevor Richards. (jr)

Have looked myself, and cant find it.

He died Jan/Feb 2008 at Ashford hospital, Middlesex.
Home address at the time, 34 Orchard Way, Ashford, Middx

Buried at Breakspear Crem, Ruislip, Middx. Jan/Feb 2008

DOB- 17th Sep. 1936, Rugeley, Lichfield, Staffs.

Wife (2nd marriage) Angela Richards nee Longworth 22/4/89 East Sussex.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Feb 2018 08:41

Probably won't be online as most full records only go to 2005

There are some after that on ancestry but it's hit and miss

Edit
It's not online I,m afraid so you would need to apply to the local registry office for the cert

Andrew

Andrew Report 14 Feb 2018 08:44

Death records on line stop at 2007, so his daeth was just to late. If you need a certificate, then you need to apply through the register office for the area.

Andy

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Feb 2018 09:00

Thats fine, thank you very much for looking.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Feb 2018 09:26

There’s an entry on the Probate Register which may, or may not, be his

Surname First name Date of probate Probate number Date of death Document type Registry
RICHARDS TREVOR 27 May 2011 3446248 20 January 2008 Grant and will London

Unfortunately the entries don’t give a year of birth or place of death which could be used as a checking point. Executors can use any Probate Registry they choose, not necessarily the one closest to the deceased’s home or place of death .

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Feb 2018 10:05

Thank you, it could be him, I know there was probate because it was his second wife and he wanted to leave his half of the property to his son, which his second wife did know about.

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Feb 2018 10:13

Just had a look at that website, certainly looks like him, just found out the funeral was 28th January. I never kept a note of his death because I was so upset, didnt want to be reminded.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Feb 2018 11:05

You could try searching the online book of remembrance, although I’m not sure if there’d be an automatic entry or if it would have to be purchased.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/remembrancebook

Obviously, if you wanted the full details contained on the DC, the only option is to purchase it.

Breakspere Crem could probably search their records for you, but are likely to make a charge.

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Feb 2018 11:29

Thank you, that is also very helpful.I will have a look.