Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rachael Bagley!?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Megan

Megan Report 2 Mar 2018 22:38

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find a cousin of mine she was born December 1968 but was put in a children's home in may 1969 she shared a cot with my mum they were both put in the same children's home in Southampton sadly they were seperated.

Her birth name was Rachael Bagley we believe her to have been adopted by a stevens /Stephens family. Not sure what year she was adopted we also have been told she may have been taken to Australia.

We really need to find her. She has a sister looking for her desperately and us and a big family waiting to find her!

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Mar 2018 22:47

If born in Southampton she is reg as Rachel Jane, have you put your name on the adoption contact register? https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Mar 2018 22:49

Do you know the 2 people who have Rachel in their trees on here? I assume so given the surnames.

You could add a 'postem' on to her birth reg on freebmd.org.uk also, put an email contact address in the message.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Mar 2018 03:01

Hi Megan, also, edit your first post to put the actual information in the subject line.

Rachel Jane Bagley, born 1968, adopted

(and leave it as "Rachel Bagley" in the body of your message)

That way, if she ever googles her name, she is likely to find your message here.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Mar 2018 03:03

Nyx, I think that unfortunately non-family members can't add their names to the adoption contact registry.

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 7 Mar 2018 01:52

Here are a couple of possibles if her given names were changed:

STEPHENS Kenneth Brian born 1940; Rita (nee Wykes) born 1943; Timothy Brian; **Tracy Anne born Nov 1968**; Penny Jane; travelled per AUSTRALIS departing Southampton on 12 April 1973 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

STEVENS Brian Lawrence born 1939; Heather (nee Forbes) born 1939; Tony; **Samantha Louise born December 1968**; travelled per aircraft departing UK on 28 February 1971 under the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme

See https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx

Unfortunately these are common surnames!