Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Coole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helina

helina Report 2 Apr 2018 11:00

Would love to know who George's parents were.

George Coole born 1759 (c) Bristol maybe. On the 19th April 1779 he married Elizabeth Austin St Philip and St Jacob, Bristol. He died in 1814 Bristol.

On ancestry there are several family trees going further back, I have contacted 3 of them, one admitted she had copied another tree, one could not remember where he obtained his information and the other did send me her tree on the female side. The parents they had were Thomas Coole and Elizabeth Sweet, with several siblings but they were all had baptisms none for George and 3 of them were born in 1759.

Another reason why I hesitate is my deceased great Aunt always said the Coole family came over from Northern Ireland but my cousin said she gets muddled so my not be true. But I know my father went over to Ireland looking for family graves in 1937 but as a child I was not interested.

This has been my big brick wall so would like some advice how to get round it

helina

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Apr 2018 11:02

Have you looked for info on familysearch?

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 11:40

Birth
Bristol Gloucestershire
Death
PARENTS
Father
Thomas /Coole/
Mother
Elizabeth /Sweet/

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 11:42

his father thomas

Thomas /Coole/
View Tree
Sex
Male
Birth
Hanham, Gloucestershire, England
Death
Gloucestershire, England

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 11:42

Spouse
Elizabeth /Sweet/
Marriage
22 September 1755
Hanham, Gloucestershire, , England

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 11:43

Elizabeth /Sweet/
View Tree
Sex
Female
Birth
23 August 1730

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 11:46

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:38D7-WY4

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 12:08

thomas coole born 1740

Thomas /Coole/
View Tree
Sex
Male
Birth
Bristol, Gloucestershire, England
Death
Gloucestershire, England
PARENTS
Father
Isaac /Coole/
Mother
Sarah Ann /Stone/

Isaac /COOLE/
View Tree
Sex
Male
Birth
Death

he had 4 children not finding wifes name

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2018 12:18

isaac 1663 his christening

Isack Coole
England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
Name: Isack Coole
Christening Date: 10 May 1663
Christening Date (Original): 10 MAY 1663
Christening Place: HANHAM AND OLDLAND,GLOUCESTER,ENGLAND
Father's Name: Isack Coole

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Apr 2018 16:36

Any Witness clues on Marriage?...

1814 Death, how old was he?...

Chris :)

(quite a few queries on google search coming up)

(one below, but haven't read query!)

(you may find of interest. Name George COOL Date 13 Nov 1814 Aged 37 Place Bitton Description St Mary Denomination Anglican County)

(below might be useful)

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/

(Bristol And Avon Family History Society)

https://www.bristolmuseums.org.uk/bristol-archives/

(Bristol Archives)

helina

helina Report 2 Apr 2018 18:06

Thanks maylon, trouble is again they are on family trees, were did they get their information?

Chris Yes I am sure that is the George I am researching.

I do have a copy of a document of the marriage between George Coole and Elizabeth on the 19th April 1779

Some information I do have

Name: George Coole Birth Date: Birthplace: Age: Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Austins Spouse's Birth Date: Spouse's Birthplace: Spouse's Age: Event Date: 19 Apr 1779 Event Place: St Philip And St Jacob, Bristol, Gloucester, England Father's Name: Mother's Name: Spouse's Father's Name: Spouse's Mother's Name: Race: Marital Status: Previous Wife's Name: Spouse's Race: Spouse's Marital Status: Spouse's Previous Husband's Name: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M17288-2 System Origin: England-ODM GS Film number: 1596782 Reference ID:

Burial Notes
Reference ID: 22 Name: George Cool Residence Place: Residence Note: Gender: Male Burial Date: 13 Nov 1814 Burial Place: Bitton, Gloucester, England Death Date: Death Place: Age: Birth Date: Birthplace: Occupation: Race: Marital Status: Spouse's Name: Father's Name: Father's Birthplace: Mother's Name: Mother's Birthplace: Informant's Name: Informant's Residence: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03835-3 System Origin: England-EASy GS Film number: 1597067

helina

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Apr 2018 18:09

Have you seen the actual records though?...

helina

helina Report 2 Apr 2018 18:53

The marriage document I ordered from family search. The rest from online. Visited Bristol archives a few years back and found nothing.

helina

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Apr 2018 19:08

Well would have thought Archives would have them...

(would Bitton be Gloucestershire...(although if he was 37 in 1814, wouldn't be him?)

National Burial Index for England & Wales Transcription (Find My Past)

First name(s) George
Last name Cool
Age 37
Birth year 1777
Death year 1814
Burial year 1814
Burial date 13 Nov 1814
Church St Mary
Denomination Anglican
Place Bitton

helina

helina Report 2 Apr 2018 20:02

Bitton, would of been part of Gloucestershire back then. Bristol was not very helpful, if George was born in Ireland there would be no record. Will just to ke*ep on seeking and may be one day

Thanks for looking.

helina