Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry look up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Apr 2018 18:41

William J Kemp marrying Ann Oades 1836, Stanwell, Middlesex just in case any family are mentioned on image please. ( unlikely I know)

and possibly baptism William Joseph Kemp 1816 ish?
date township township Samuel,
Francis

Thankyou. :-)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Apr 2018 19:10

Witnesses were George Ager? and Robert Freeman Sidwell.

William Joseph Kemp
in the London, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1932
Name:
William Joseph Kemp
Record Type:
Marriage
Marriage Date:
1 Apr 1836
Marriage Place:
Stanwell, Surrey, England
Spouse:
Ann Oades
Register Type:
Bishop's Transcript

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Apr 2018 19:19

William Joseph Kemp
in the London, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1917
Name:
William Joseph Kemp
Record Type:
Baptism
Baptism Date:
25 Jun 1815
Baptism Place:
Teddington St Mary, Richmond upon Thames, England
Father:
Samuel Kemp
Mother:
Francis Kemp
Register Type:
Bishop's Transcript

Born 20 May, father a labourer. Only address Teddington.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Apr 2018 19:26

That's great, thank you Margaret :-)

Having decided that I've gone as far as I can with my multiple William Fishlocks, decided to follow the Kemps ( gt gts on one of the Fishlock maternal sides) and they too have opted for William as first name for several generations, just to confuse :-)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 6 Apr 2018 19:42

You don't happen to have a George John Kemp born 1825, Worth, Sussex, do you, Nyx?
He ended up here in Canada.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Apr 2018 19:54

I don't think so Margaret, from what I know so far they all stayed around the Teddington/Kingston area and worked either as fishermen, watermen or publicans :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Apr 2018 00:24

One of OH's family lines apparently split into 2 branches before about 1620, I haven't found records before that, nor has anyone else researching the English branch. The other branch had someone who went on the 2nd fleet to Pennsylvania and that has been well documented right back to at least 1520.

The English branch then split into two sometime before about 1725. Both branches favoured some of the same forenames over and over again, especially Christopher and Gilbert. They also all seemed to like wives called Elizabeth.

Both lines were millers and corn growers, moving between areas in northern Lancashire and Westmorland, with members of one family simply exchanging one mill with the other family. So you're never quite sure which family is still at Mill A, or whether they are now at Mill B from one census r marriage to the enxt, without a lot of painstaking care.

The surmise is that they were aligned with the Quakers, and therefore persecuted. Certainly OH's 4x gt grandfather preached at a Quaker House where he lived .........

but they were all hatched matched and dispatched in CofE churches!

Add to that, a surname which baffles everyone!

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Apr 2018 21:05

I have pm'd you.

Mel x

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 8 Apr 2018 21:11

Name: William Joseph Kemp
Record Type: Baptism
BORN 28 May 1815
Baptism Date: 25 Jun 1815
Baptism Place: Teddington St Mary, Richmond upon Thames, England
Father: Samuel Kemp LABOURER