Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Andrews family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Apr 2018 15:28

Hi, The latest person I am looking for now is part of the Andrews family and its because I have a few photos of him in the 1930s! The photos are him and my father in law Frederick Simpson Andrews and the photos said he is called Owen. Fredericks father is Stephen Thomas Andrews born in Prescot. There is an Owen Andrews born in 1912 in Lancashire and Frederick was born in Liscard, Wallasey in 1908. It says Owens father is John George Andrews and mum Martha Holland. On my tree I have quite a few Andrews but not any Johns so I don't know how or if they are related! The Andrews family before Stephen originally came from Pilton in Somerset so I think other Andrews might have gone up north as well but I have not connected a John Andrews yet! so does anyone know who it might be? Lyn

Linda

Linda Report 10 Apr 2018 15:29

And I should have said in the photos they were in Backford, Cheshire. Lyn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 15:44

Is this linked to the thread about twin boys?

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1370144

How much research have you done to try to find a connection?

Only someone directly related would be able to answer your question without doing a lot of research themselves.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 15:52

Marriages Dec 1909 (>99%)
ANDREWS John George Chorlton 8c 1353
HOLLAND Martha Chorlton 8c 1353

Births Jun 1912 (>99%)
Andrews Owen Holland Barton I. 8c 1204

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 15:54

Name: Owen Andrews
Death Age: 59
Birth Date: 8 Jun 1912
Registration Date: Dec 1971
Registration district: Rotherham
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Volume: 2c
Page: 1527

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 15:58

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
50 Canklow, Whiston, Yorkshire & Yorkshire (West Riding), England

John George Andrews Head Married Male 34 1877 Sutton Bridge Lincs Colliery Surface Labourer Transcription
Martha Andrews Wife Married Female 24 1887 Swineshead Lincs - Transcription
George Samuel Andrews Son Single Male 0 1911 Canklow

ANDREWS, GEORGE SAMUEL HOLLAND Order
GRO Reference: 1911 M Quarter in ROTHERHAM Volume 09C Page 760

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Apr 2018 16:24

Does it say on the photo that Owen's surname is Andrews? How old is he on the photo roughly?

Linda

Linda Report 10 Apr 2018 17:46

Hi, yes its connected to the twins, Frederick Simpson Andrews was a cousin of their mums. Yes I have looked quite a lot for different Andrews and a bit to look for a John which I have just been doing. I have found a John Owen Andrews born 1949 who has a tree on this site and I sent him a message back in January because he came up when I searched Owen Andrews but again he has not opened it!! Will keep looking. Lyn

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 20:14

As Nyx asked - is Owen identified on the photo as having the surname Andreews? Or are you making an assumption?

Also, again as asked - how old did he appear to be?

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Apr 2018 20:28

The Owen Andrews Rotherham may be this one, birthday is correct though one year out, looks like a lodging house..

Kent Household (8 People)
74 Saint Anns Road , Rotherham C.B., Yorkshire (West Riding), England

Owen Andrews 08 Jun 1911 Male Lorry Driver Single 70 4

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2018 20:32

Parents of John O born in 1949

Marriages Dec 1939 (>99%)
Andrews Owen Wilson Rotherham 9c 2484
Wilson Hilda Andrews Rotherham 9c 2484

Linda

Linda Report 10 Apr 2018 21:49

Hi, yes I am making an assumption because the only thing I looked up was he could maybe be an Owen Carter because one of the photos has Frederick Andrews, Owen and a Mr. Carter and it says also that they are in Backford which I think must be the place in Cheshire. I looked at births of Owen Carter but there was only a few and most born down south and I feel that Frederick and Owen are not too different in age. These photos that I have are all ones that were originally taken by Fredericks mum who is Louisa Andrews nee Butler and she has only written a few things under some of the photos. I have been putting some of the photos on my tree but have not put Owen yet! Could I put them on the site that others could see them?