Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bulloch Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 12 Jul 2018 15:14

I asked for help regarding information,re Bulloch Family,in April 2016 and was given 3 helpful tips on marriages in Scotland.
William Bulloch to Elizabeth DeFalco,1944,Shettleston,Glasgow.
William Bulloch to Josephine Murphy,1970,Glasgow.
Hugh Murphy to Catherine Spencer Smith1947,Springburn,Glasgow.

Would anyone be able to help with the families of the above, prior to or after
the marriage dates.All help greatly appreciated,
Terry L.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Jul 2018 15:33

Look on Scotland’s people website for info.

Additionally, you can find out parental info for all of them by purchasing copies of the marriage certs, although you may find that for the 1970 one, you will be asked to provide the actual date.

Terence

Terence Report 12 Jul 2018 15:37

Thanks for that,ErikaH.
Terry L,

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:11

Death of Elizabeth DeFalco:

DEFALCO [also listed as Bulloch ]
ELIZABETH
mms HENRIETTA
615/ 81
Glasgow, Martha St

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:23

It's impossible to search births for any of the couples' children, as you can't use mms as a search term for Scottish births after 1854.

Bulloch and Murphy are both common names.

Catherine Spencer Murphy does not seem to have died in England/Wales or Scotland, unless her middle name has not been listed.

There are too many people with the other names to know if any deaths are theirs or not, especially without knowing their birth years.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:26

Presumably the death of a son of Elizabeth and William:

BULLOCH
RONALD DEFALCO
mms DEFALCO
603/ 172
Glasgow, Martha St

And therefore his birth:

BULLOCH
RONALD DE FALCO
M
644/4 1913
Provan

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:31

Another Ronald Defalco Bulloch was born in Glasgow in 1986 - probably a son of Ronald above.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:44

The older Ronald married in Glasgow in 1973, but I won't post the record, as his widow is still alive, as far as I can tell.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:49

Death of a sister of the older Ronald :

BULLOCH
AGNES
mms DEFALCO
560/ 37
Bishopbriggs

FAIRLEY (her married surname)
AGNES
mms DEFALCO
560/ 37
Bishopbriggs

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 17:58

Her marriage:

BULLOCH AGNES
FAIRLEY STEPHEN
645/1 580
Glasgow

Possibly her birth - at least, it's the only Agnes Bulloch birth without a middle initial in Glasgow 1945-7.

BULLOCH
AGNES
F
644/3 998
Camlachie

Death of a son:

FAIRLEY
STEPHEN DAVID
mms BULLOCH
603/ 170
Glasgow, Martha St

And therefore his birth:

FAIRLEY
STEPHEN DAVID
M
624/ 803
Glasgow, Park Circus

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jul 2018 18:04

It's only been possible to find those children and grandchildren of William and Elizabeth because they have died. Mother's maiden surname is shown for deaths on SP.

But there may have been other children who are still alive, and therefore can't be spotted on SP.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Jul 2018 19:16

Terence ..............

in case you are not aware, Scotland's People is a pay-by-credit site, NOT a subscription site.

You can do a search for free, but you need to buy credits in order to see more detail.

Some helpers might use up credits to help someone if they happen to have a few spare, but it is not fair to ask people to buy credits to get the details for you.

AG has done a free search to get the above information for you, but it is now up to you.

Terence

Terence Report 13 Jul 2018 14:10

Thanks so much to all you helpers. (SylviainCanada I understand what you are saying).I will try my luck with SP.

Yours very gratefully,Terry L.