Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gordon Croft/s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 2 Aug 2018 16:22

I’m looking to contact a member -Gordon Croft/s - who has recently done a dna test on Ancestry
Possible 2nd cousin connection which may help break down a brick wall
Please message me if you can help

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2018 16:38

Have you tried to contact him through Ancestry?

If he is a member on here, send him a message through this site

Presumably, you know when and where he was born to ensure you contact the correct person

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2018 16:44

Also posted on Genealogy Chat

Please delete one of the threads, to comply with site guidelines

Thank you

Linda

Linda Report 2 Aug 2018 18:59

Erika H
I see you beat me to it by posting that my request is on both boards
I’ve posted on the other board asking any replies be posted on here
If you read my request I’m not asking anyone to research anything

I’m only asking if they are that person or know him to message me
Only posted on both boards to reach a bigger audience as not everyone looks at all the boards

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2018 21:11

Not sure how anyne would identify the man in question with no birth year info, or even which country he may live in.

Linda

Linda Report 2 Aug 2018 22:01

Hoping one of the threads posted with the name Gordon Croft. will know him or perhaps the man in question will recognise himself
I do know it’s a long shot
Will just wait and see

Dea

Dea Report 3 Aug 2018 08:07

Have you tried looking under 'search trees' above and putting in the names of any of your possible mutual relatives in the hope that he might also come up with them in his tree and you will then be able to click on the send message button to him on there?

Possibly worth a try?

Dea x

EDIT: OOOerrr, it's 'you' Linds !! - I thought the avatar looked familiar ;-) - Nice to see you on here but very s t r a n g e .............

Dea x

Linda

Linda Report 3 Aug 2018 12:32

Hello Dea :-)
I’ve sent you a PM x