Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alan Hill and Eva née White.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 19 Apr 2019 02:43

Hi.
Can anyone find Alan Hill and Eva née White on the 1939 census. They may have one child, Ronald, born in 1938.
Trying to find a Ronald Hill born in 1938 in Accrington or Blackburn Area. I coukd only find two options, one with mum's maiden name Moore and one with mum's maiden name white. I notice that a Ronald hill born in 1938 dies in 1939 and I am considering this one to be the child born to James Hill and Emily though I may be wrong. The only reason for this is there us a baptism at lower Darwen for Ronald Hill and then a death for Ronald Hill burial at lower Darwen. Think James and Emily married at lower Darwen.
Can anyone help with the 1939 census for Alan and Eva Hill. I have no idea of ages of them but have son Ronald born 1938. :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2019 03:36

a) Lots of Alan Hills on the 1939 Register ...... over 2,000 of them

b) Only 1 with an Eva also in the household .............. but that Alan was born in 1928 and Eva was his mother

c) Birth places and maiden names are no use for searching on the 1939 Register as those questions were not asked.

d) No Ronald Hill born in 1938 showing ....... there is one born in 1936 and 1 in 1939.

Your OP is very confusing as James and Emily appearing after you are asking for Alan and Eva. What's the connection??????????

Choccy

Choccy Report 19 Apr 2019 05:29

Marriages Jun 1938

Hill Allan White Haslingden 8e 195
White Eva A Hill Haslingden 8e 195

Births Dec 1938

Hill Ronald White Haslingden 8e 88

1939 Register

Hill Household (3 People)

52 Dale Street , Accrington M.B., Lancashire, England

Eva A Hill 17 Oct 1917 Female Card Room Worker Rover Married 201 2
Allan Hill 26 Sep 1918 Male L M S Locomotive Cleaner Passed For Firing Duty Traveller Married 201 1

Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Apr 2019 06:55

Born 1938 is most likely still alive so they would be a closed record on the 1939 register.Or if deceased the death hasn't been picked up at the last update of the register

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2019 09:11

How do you relate to Ronald Hill? Have you any helpful info about him?

Mary

Mary Report 19 Apr 2019 10:18

Buried lower Darwin 22/12/1939 of 8,Rose Street Blackburn
Cyril hill age 4
Ronald hill age 22 months.

1939 8,Rose street
James and Emily E Hill
Cyril
Ronald.

Maryb.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Apr 2019 10:36

Full details for 1939 Register entry as posted by Maryb

Hill Household (4 People)
8 Rose Street , Blackburn C.B., Lancashire, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB OCCUPATION
Emily E Hill 01 Jan 1905 Unpaid Domestic Duties
James Hill 03 Apr 1906 Road Stone Quarrier (Heavy Worker)
Cyril Hill 13 Apr 1935 At School
Ronald Hill 05 Feb 1938 Under School Age

Shirley

Shirley Report 19 Apr 2019 10:50

Friend searching for her dad. Says he is Ronald Hill born Blackburn Accrington great Harwood area in 1938. I found only two choices. And I f I'd think the James and Emily one died. Thanks for confirming that. So we thought that Accrington one was perhaps the one. But i think my friend may have wrong year of birth as think it's definate he is not the one as not correct profession for our Ronald Hill, s father. Oh well. Back to drawing board. I will look for a Ronald hill slightly before 1938 and later on the great Harwood area now. Friend says father ten years older than her mother who was born in 1948. But I think that can't be correct
Thanks guys.

Mary

Mary Report 19 Apr 2019 11:13

So you know the occupation of Ronald's father? Could you tell us what it was please.

Maryb

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Apr 2019 11:32

Do you know where your friend's parents lived?

If they were registered together on an electoral roll, his full name might be shown, which would help to establish the correct birth.

A different occupation need not necessarily mean it was not the correct Ronald.

My brother's 2 sons, born three and a half years apart have completely different occupations for their dad recorded on their birth certificates.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Apr 2019 18:01

He could well still be alive ......... I have cousins born before 1930 who are still very healthy!!!

So please do be careful what you post as GR is NOT a safe site! Anything posted on here could be picked up by Goggle within minutes, and it has been in the past!

Shirley

Shirley Report 20 Apr 2019 15:34

Yes I'm being careful. She thought dad was a navvy. Probably not same. She said great Harwood around the time of her birth. Will advise her to go and check electoral register. Thanks Sylvia for the heads up. I'm thinking her Ronald wasn't born in Blackburn or Accrington like she said. There are a few choices for elsewhere in the country for 1938. Also she said connections to a pub so I'm going to advise her to check that.
Thanks everyone. ??