Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Drury Balir and Ada Doris Blair nee Maxwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Agee

Agee Report 14 Mar 2021 21:26

George(1890) & Ada (1898) appear on the 1939 register at 280 Liverpool Road Southport.

Line Number19 Schedule Number42 Sub Schedule Number1
Enumeration District NQAK Borough Southport Registration district Southport 457 A/1

Known children are Eric Maxwell Blair born 1925 and Noel Drury Blair born 1930.
However, there is a closed record which I assume is a third child born? Living relatives have no knowledge so maybe the child died as an infant?

I have spent hours reviewing over 2000 records trying to identify the final entry without success. Can anyone access this record or give me tips on what to try next please.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Mar 2021 22:14

I can't see another birth of a child who is likely to be theirs but the other person could have been a lodger or at least another adult as if you look at the image there is something like "ARMY....." written next to one of the closed entries.

Kath. x

malyon

malyon Report 14 Mar 2021 22:14

can only fin 2 births

Births Dec 1925 (>99%)
Blair Eric M Maxwell Ormskirk 8b 1398 Scan available - click to view
Births Mar 1930 (>99%)
Blair Noel D Maxwell Ormskirk 8b 1381

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

malyon

malyon Report 14 Mar 2021 22:17

there ate only 2 marriages with those names so looks like they only had the 2 children

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Mar 2021 10:13

The closed record is not necesarily a child of the marriage - it could be ANYONE whose death has not been attributed to the entry

I see you've 'marked as answered' but haven't posted ANY feedback

Agee

Agee Report 17 Mar 2021 15:17

Malyon - thank you for confirming just two births. As others say this is proabably an unrelated entry and could be a visitor / lodger etc.