Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doreen Brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 22 May 2007 11:13

Hello O'Connors, My brother in law[Conelius O'Connor 1931-2005]his father[Robert O'Connor1900-1974]his parents were [John O'Connor and Alice Phillips]John born about 1861[uncertain]he was a carman and they lived at [45,Jane St.Stepney,ST,Georges in the East,London]They married 1891 and on marriage certificate John was 30years old and his Fathers name was Micheal O'Connor,as far as I know he was born in Ireland.Micheal was a master Shoemaker[the Micheal I have in my tree was born in Limerick Ireland 1815 and his wife was Jane1825 born in Limerick,Ireland.They had a son called John 1859 but this is the only Micheal I can find in that area of London but date of birth is different from marriage certificate.I am worried that I may have the wrong Micheal which if so gives me the wrong John.I know I have it right from 1901census and I need to get this right as my niece Maria is so proud of her Irish Roots and wantsto know exactly where she comes from.Does anyone have any information.I would also like any infor. on Alice Phillips brothers and sisters[Daniel Phillips,Eliza Phillips,Emma Phillips,George Phillips,Thomas Phillips]would like to know who they married and to know about their children]Their parents were Ann Gale and Daniel Phillips[merchant seaman][George Jones has very kindly given me infor. on the parents.]any infor. will do.