Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tina Dunne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 18 Jan 2005 19:57

I am trying to find any info on my ggggranddad Hugh Strain a farmer of Drummadonell Ireland who was married 8/2/1850 to Mary Rowan of Anahinchigo, Ireland, her father was James Rowan, a weaver my ggggrandfather Hugh Strain,s father was David Strain a farmer anyone with any info please! Tina

Cyndy

Cyndy Report 29 Oct 2007 22:55

My Strain ancestors emigrated from N Ireland in the late 1700's to America. They were Presbyterians . John Strain b abt 1730 in Feney Townland, Magheralin Parish, Co Down was married about 1749 and then emigrated (also with his son John) to South Carolina. I wish I could find out more about John's ancestors/family in Ireland. (I live in England)