Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jennie Sussex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennie

Jennie Report 5 Feb 2005 23:23

I have a very large family with the name Sussex but feel it would take me my life time to trace, however i am very interested in the origin of the name Sussex. I have not looked into the past (as yet) but would like to find out where the surmame first came about especially as we are a family of "Sussex' that live in Essex. any known history would be some light on the matter for me.

snid

snid Report 29 Oct 2007 09:05

Hi Jennie,
I have a fairy large family tree of my Sussex Faimly
My Great aunt (Jemima) who was born in Chelmsford Essex 1839 And after marrying my Great Uncle Goerge Sussex, Some time later returned to live in Maldon Essex Jemimia Pass away in 1904.
I Have their B,M,D. Certs and more info if you are interested. Regards Sid J. Sussex

Bernard

Bernard Report 31 Dec 2007 13:21

Hi Jennie,
I think I may have contacted you before regarding the name sussex. I have at last spread my family tree to those sussex's that emigrated out of london and into Essex and guess what, you are on my tree, believe me the Essex gang are only a small part of it. My grandfather Henry Charles Sussex (1883) was a brother to your g.g.grandfather John (1871)
Regards, Bernard Sussex.