Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michelle Meppem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 2 Mar 2006 01:23

Hello, my name is Michelle Meppem, I have been trying to find where my ancestors came from since my grandfather (Jack (john) meppem) died in 1992, at the tender age of 12yrs, now 25yrs, i still haven't found anything.... except the meppem's in Narrabri and surrounding area's ARE related to me, but because my grandfather left their family to have children to my grandmother (Ivy Coleman), they do not want anything to do with me or my brother, who's father wasn't even thought of at the time... which is unfair... I think they need to get over it and share their knowledge, as both of my grand parents have passed away... so they won't come back to haunt you.... but i will if no one is willing to share what they know... i know selfishness runs through meppem blood line but this is rediculous....

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 10:49

HI Michelle
I am related to the Meppem's. One of my grandmothers sisters married a Meppem. Wondering if I can help?
Julie

Penny

Penny Report 11 Dec 2007 08:52

Michelle - try and get some facts into your request, then maybe someone can try and help you.

Narrabri is where? Australia?
How old was Jack when he died? - (prob more useful than how old you were)

Who was he married to before your grandmother - names would be good, or at least and idea of dates,

help us to help you