Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nigel Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nigel

Nigel Report 25 Sep 2006 11:29

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. I am desperately trying to find more information on my grandmother, Rachel Williams (formerly EVANS) who died at Twrdy, Trewaunisaf, Llansawel, Wales in 1924. She was born around 1896 in the Llansawel district. She married Rees Williams who was born at Troedrhiwonnen Farm in Myddfai in 1900/1901. We don't know the date or place of marriage. They had a son (my father) who was born at Cwmcannol, Crugybar, Conwil Caeo in 1923. My father was adopted by his uncle (David Williams of Llandovery) when he was three because both parents died. My father is now 83 and would dearly love to find the last resting place of both parents. He was given no information about them. We have searched a lot of the graveyards in the area but to no avail. We have discovered that Rachel died at Twrdy in 1924 and Rees died at Nantgwasanaeth in 1926. We think that Rachel may have had a son Glanffrwd from a previous relationship. Details we have for Rachel: Sister: Ruth Evans.(Born in Talley) Brother: William Evans.(Born Llansawel) Father: Williams Evans (Originally from Cardiganshire) Mother: Rachel.(Born in Talley) Details we have for Rees: Brothers: David (Worked as a flagman on the railways and was known locally as 'Dai Flag') and Griffith (we think Griffith was a twin of Rees) Several Sisters Father: Thomas Mother: Hannah (formerly Davies). If anyone has any information or if you recognise these names from your tree then please, please contact me.

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Nov 2007 19:18

hello nigel...I noticed you seem to have a lot of the people I am looking for..but just cant piece them all together....firstly I will tell you my gggrandad was a john evans born in nantmel wales about 1821..he had a son james evans who married a margaret davies dob 1859...james had a sister sarah evans.. thomas ..william ....every time I try to piece them together ...as I am looking on the census..hannah comes up...and she was a davies...have you got any year of birth for her...margaret davies,s mother was elizabeth and her father was benjamen davies...like you I have the evans and davies ..who knows ..might have a connection somewhere...I seem to have all the earlier years as you have the later...goop luck pat