Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barry Fairbridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 5 Feb 2007 17:44

Barry Fairbridge. Ref Message from William Reeve. My father is Alexander Fairbridge and his parents were Alec (born c. 1917) and Lily Fairbridge of Hylton Castle. I guess my Grandfather would have been the son of your Grandfather, he was also called Alec). My grandparents were divorced many years ago. My Grandfather remarried to Olive and they both emigrated to Palmeston North in New Zealand. They returned around 10 years ago to Hasting where my Grandfather died around 4 years ago. My Grandmother Lily remained in Hylton Castle and died around 12 years ago. My father had two siblings, Jean who is married and living in Sunderland and Marie who is still living in New Zealand. My Father married Irene Douglas of Hylton Castle and they are now living in Norfolk. I have two siblings , Carol and Stephen. Carol is in Norfolk and Steve is in Canada. We all have children.

William

William Report 4 Dec 2007 19:39

hello barry. i have been going through items on my computer and have come across a reply from you about fairbridge,s. i am sorry i missed it when it was sent but i have been tracking all sorts of things out whenever i have been at home.i have a cousin in australia who i i have come across who does a lot of research and i am to get a lot off him about your side of the family. apart from meeting lily ,alec and your father when i was very young i know little about the fairbridges.i have been looking into the reeve side mostly and am branching out to other sidesnow.i can only say thanks for what you have given me and only apologise for not picking your message up before now.i will put your info with any other things i may getwhen i started doing my tree i did not think how far it would go so i am getting a lot of help and a lot of surprises.well barry i will sign off for now and may be in touch sometime in the future. william (bill) reeve in sunderland