Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violet Foot

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Violet

Violet Report 28 Jun 2007 12:39

Hi this is Violet Carol Humphreys the seventh daughter of Emily and Alberts ten daughters. Some of us born in East End of London.Rest born in Dagenham Essex. Emily was called Emma. We also lived in Dagenham Essex.Emmie,Matilda(Tiny)Thelma.Eileen.Queenie are dead.Marie lives in America.Ada lives in England .Doreen lives in England.Mary lives in America. I live in Norfolk. We all have children and grandchildren.Queenie's family live in Australia where she emigrated as a Ten Pounds Pom.Our Mother Emily died aged 87 in 1994.Albert died 1991. My husband Fred Foot died in 1991.Emmie Oler (USA) Matilda Edwards (Coventry)Thelma died young.Eileen Parratt (South Ockendon)Queenie Bartlett(Blackburn Australia). Myself . I was honoured to become a Churchill Fellow in 1972 I write novels under the name of Violet Frederick Foot......see my website for current one still in print. .I used Frederick in my pen name in honour of my late husband. Both of our parents had very large families. We all went hop-picking strawberry picking and gooseberry picking as children and as young adults until hopfields closed to us all to use machinery. We picked at Guinness's hopfarms Robertsbridge and at the fruit farms in Wisbech Cambridge.Those were our annual holidays...picking! Wonderful sociable times remembered with much nostalgia. I have written and had printed my family autobiography (privately) for my sisters and their families..there have been requests for copies to be printed for sale to the public..I am considering this...I have not approached a publisher or agent to this further purpose as yet. I am still in contact with the private publisher/printer and will think further on this.