Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gillian Holland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 20 Jun 2007 14:41

Hi everyone. I am trying to find my great grandfather's marriage cert. He would have married about 1870ish to a Mary Ann Flemming. His father came from Ireland and settled in Sheffield before moving to Birmingham with his family. Thomas was born Thomas GOULDING but later changed his name to Golding. He had a strong catholic background therefore I think it is unlikely that they just lived together. Thomas had several siblings. I have traced his family through census's and have his birth & death cert and Mary Ann's death cert. I believe that although Mary Ann was probably born in Birmingham, her family too originated from Ireland. Any possible links or ideas gratefully received. Thanks Gill