Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosemary Lawrence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 23 Mar 2007 22:21

My name is Rosemary Patricia Lawrence [nee Flack] I was born in Belfast in 1942. My father was George McCaughey Flack born 1914 some of his family still live in Dungannon. My family history goes back to James Flack born in 1794 he was a teacher in Islandmaghee, his father was a minister there. I would like to find out more about his parents and first family born to his first wife. He had nine children born to his second wife.

Joan

Joan Report 4 Nov 2007 04:55

Hello,
My name is Edmund Flack and my gggrandfather was William Charles Flack, said to have been born 1 April 1810 in Bailieborough, Cavan. He joined the 63rd Regiment of Foot in 1832 and settled after his retirement in Burnley, Lancs. England. He was Presbyterian and the family history says the family were from Belfast before settling in Cavan.

Is there any chance that our families are related?

I have had no luck tracing a birth for William Charles or finding the names of his parents - so I'm stuck.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Ted Flack
Brisbane Australia