Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Melanie Tomaio

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melanie

Melanie Report 9 Jul 2006 13:05

McGronan: Francis and his wife Selina McCann had 5 children: Francis WIlliam Lena 1874 Maryann 1867 Patrick 1868 there were possibly 2 additional children James and John but we have not confirmed this. Contact me if you think you may be related

Lizbet

Lizbet Report 3 Nov 2007 23:29

Hi Melanie,

Where in Ireland was Francis McGronan from ? do you have any info on his parents or his siblings? My Sarah McGronan was born in Ireland Circa 1830 as on her death cert. 26th Aug. 1881 her age given as 51. She was married to Bernard Connolly and they had 5 children. Mary Ann born Ireland about 1857. Sarah born Paisley Scotland 1862. The three remaing children were all born in Wallsend Northumberland, Patrick born 1864, Bernard 1866 and John 1870. I have been unable to track back where the parents came from, the Scottish birth cert. for their daughter stated their marriage took place in Dungannon Tyrone 1856 but after paying a researcher he never found anything. This has been my brick wall for over ten years - would welcome any suggestions.

Maddy