Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicola Lucas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 7 Oct 2005 17:31

Am trying to trace my Bowman family tree. My grandfather was Sidney George,born 24 December 1911. He resided in one the of the cottages opposite Mattishallburgh church with his maternal grandmother. He worked for one of the local butchers in Mattishall until he was 17 when he joined the army,Royal Norfolks. His mother was Marion May and was born in the June of 1892. She was working as a general servant at the time of my grandfathers birth. Her parents were Herbert Edward and Emma Bowman,formerly Basham. Herbert was an aggricultural labourer in or around Mattishallburgh at the time of his and Emmas marriage. Marion married a man called George William Smith in April 1917. George was 40 years old at the time and a widower. He worked as a farm labourer. Marion was 26 years old. I believe they had two children,possibly twin boys. Any takers?

Rachael

Rachael Report 2 Nov 2007 16:57

Hi Nicola
Can you tell me if your Herbert was the son of Lambert and Louisa Bowman. My Bowmans were all from Mattishall and around that area And i am currently trying to find the link between them and mine so there is a strong possibility that we are connected. Bashams are also in my tree.
I am researching my Great Grandmother Mabel Bowman daughter of Ernest and Anna. Do you have these?
Regards Rachael