Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Duggan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 22 Jul 2005 00:27

I am trying to trace the Duggans from county cork The names I know are Denis Duggan, Eddie Duggan Danny Duggan, John Joe Duggan,Winifred Duggan , Mary Duggan , Bridie Duggan My Gradfather came over to England before my father was born in 1921 He lived in Manchester with his wife Charlotte . they had six children my father The Eldest Denis they also had Edward , margarette ,Winifred, Mary , and Daniel,My granfather was in the Building trade. and I believe that his father was in the Building tade . I also know that there was a relative called John Duggan who was a school teacher My Knowlidge is limeted if there is any one out there with more information for me or any relatives who would like to get in touch with me please do .

Celina

Celina Report 20 Dec 2007 11:26

Hi Mary. I don't know if my small snippet is of any use as I haven't had much success with this. My paternal great grandmother was apparently a Duggan (correct spelling?) Josephine, and married an O'Flaherty. I know absolutely nothing concrete about this side of the family, nor indeed anything about my great grandfather. As I understand it, she brought up her two boys Lawrence and Dennis alone, but worked hard as did they and they had land to farm. My grandfather farmed outside a village called Watergrasshill in C. Cork. If this fits in with anything, let me know.
Regards
Celina

Gates

Gates Report 30 Dec 2007 21:49

Hi, I've got Duggans in my tree from Blackrock Co Cork. I have a Patrick Duggan c1860 who's son Daniel Duggan 1881 moved to Middlebrough and married a local girl. He was also a labourer. I know Daniel had brothers and sisters and am still trying to track the names. I'm not sure if the whole family moved either. Don't know if this is any help!
Carolyn