Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pauline Abernethy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 30 Jun 2005 15:15

Hi my name is Pauline Abernethy[nee Rowntree] I was born in Portadown County Armagh in 1960. My fathers name was Robert Rowntree born in arouind 1918 he was born in Belfast my mother name was Susan Rowntree[nee Lenoard] and I think she was born in Banbridge. I am trying to trace anything on my Grandfathers from both sides I did not know them as they died before I was born My grandmother was called Rachel Powntree[nee Frizell] from my father's side and my mother's mother was called Catherine Lenoard[nee Russel. she lived in Meadow-lane portadown and Rachel lived in Hartfield Avenue. I would be grateful if anyone could help me. Your's P. Abernethy Ayrshire, Scotland.

Shaun

Shaun Report 29 Dec 2007 20:30

Pauline,

My grandfather was Robert Henry Rowntree, bn abt 1891, Loughall, Co Armagh. From what I can gather all Rowntree / Rountree's are related, it's proving it that is the problem. Someday I hope to go over to N Ireland and check Parish records if they exist.

I am looking forward to the 1901 / 1911 census coming on line, this should help.

Regards

Shaun