Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Judith Stairs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 18 Mar 2005 20:00

I come from the Oxenham Stock of Devon, UK. Family mainly came from Bampton, Huntsham, Silverton, and Tiverton. Grandfather was Dennis, b. 1872. G-grandfather was John, b. 1834. G-G-grandfather was William, b.1803. G-G-G-grandfather was Roger, of Moresbath I believe. Does this connect with anyone? Hugs Judith

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 11 Nov 2007 01:08

Hi Judith
My gg grandfather was George Oxenham b1801 in Tavistock Devon. His daughter Mary Oxenham was an unmarried mother to my grandfather George Oxenham who had my mother Florence b1918 The family have always lived in and around Devon - in Tavistock, Plymouth, Buckfastleigh, Holne, Silverton and Ashburton.
Could be that George b1801 was related to your William b1803 ?
Carol