Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shirley Wainwright

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 10 Mar 2004 23:56

Hello to anybody reading this who would like to get in touch about the RAISBECKS. My grandmother was Edith Raisbeck who was born at Page Bank, County Durham, England in 1894. Her grandfather was John Raisbeck, son of Matthew, born Bolton parish, Cumberland. I am interested in all Raisbeck families, not just my own tree. There are connections to the Arkengathdale and Alston Raisbeck families. Shirley

Barry

Barry Report 10 Nov 2007 13:56

Hi Shirley, I am also related to the Raisbecks and I have found Edith 1894 on the 1901 census living at 110School Road, Stocley. Her father is shown as John Raisbeck, Coal miner and her mother as Hannah Raisbeck. If this seems right let me kow and I can trace John's father for you.
The other interesting thing is that the wainwrights are on my maternal tree.
Barry

Barry

Barry Report 10 Nov 2007 13:58

Hi Shirley, I am also related to the Raisbecks and I have found Edith 1894 on the 1901 census living at 110School Road, Stocley. Her father is shown as John Raisbeck, Coal miner and her mother as Hannah Raisbeck. If this seems right let me kow and I can trace John's father for you.
The other interesting thing is that the wainwrights are on my maternal tree.
Barry