Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Stevens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 22 Jan 2004 11:18

Anybody out there with a Linzey surname? Ancestors came from Highworth, Wiltshire and were mainly carpenters by trade. My G. grandfather George Ernest Edelsten Linzey (1871) was born in St Pancras, Middlesex.

Paula

Paula Report 8 Oct 2007 15:25

Hi Susan
My grandather's sister, Kate Julia Ockwell married a George Linzey. She was born in Gorse Hill, Swindon on Dec 11 1883.
They went to live in Australia(Petersham -I think) As far as I know, they didn't have any children.
Until I saw your listing I have not had any contact with the Linsey side. So hopefully we have a connection.
Kate was baptised on the same day as my grandfather Albert Wilson Ockwell on September 10,1885 at the Weslyan Methodist Church. Their father Henry, was a circuit preacher. Their sister Jessie was a well-known character about town and operated the post office on Cricklade Road, Swindon for many years where she also cared for her parents in their later years.
Let's chat. Paula

Richard

Richard Report 26 Oct 2007 11:57

The Linzey's in my family originated from Enstone in Oxfordshire. I only have information going back to the late 1700's though.

The vast majority of my Linzey's moved to the Bethnal Green / Kentish Town area of London in the mid 1800's and the spelling Lindsey seems to have been adopted in line with the move.

I'm not aware of any of them either coming from Wiltshire or emigrating to Australia at any stage.

I'd be very happy to exchage information with anyone who may have a family connection.

Richard