Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Harvey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 Jul 2007 15:51

William 1869 and Elizabeth Harvey nee Carr Hello, trying to find relatives for the above, my gr grandparents, William was born in Shalford Essex - parents names Sam and Hannah. William in his early teens travelled to London with brother Ben Harvey and his wife Mary Ann, William was 7yr younger that Ben. The 1891 census shows both brothers living in Lancefield St Chelsea, before moving to 1 Shirland Mews and then 7 Tamplin Mews where William ran his own cartage business until he died in 1958. Elizabeth Harvey 1871, is proving the dificult one, bit of a mystery that I can't solve. Census's 1891 and 1901 says she was born in Chesterfield/Chestisgield??? They married on 5th May 1891 and his/her's/theirs first born was 3 years old when they married his name was William J. Harvey born 1888 in Kennington London. he was killed in WW1 1914 on a ship. Need to prove his birth parent/parents. Other children are:- Harry 1891 married Alice Sam 1891 married Mary Ben 1895 married Rose Elizabeth 1897 married Patrick George 1899 married Jessie tarrant (my grandparents) Thomas 1900 married Elsie plus Jenny Matilda (Tilly), Mary-Anne, Elsie, Hannah and Lily (Lily was a dancer) Many thanks, hope this reaches someone in the family Brenda