Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bradford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Xavier

Xavier Report 29 Jun 2007 10:38

I am trying to trace any record of my grandparents John and Margaret Bradford last heard of in Bedford in 1914. My father John W Bradford, and his two sisters Evlyn and Florence were deserted by my grandparents in 1914 at ages 2,3 and 4 and heard nothing more of them. Strangely Margaret gives her maiden name as Green on John's birth certificate but on both the others she gives Green! Very confusing! The father is named as John Bradford on all three childrens birth certificates. Despite many years of searching the last record I have found of them is in Kelly's Directory for Bedford in 1912. After that they both disappear. I have a few earlier records from the Bedford Union Workhouse that show Margaret Bradford giving birth to Evelyn and giving her age as 35. Another shows John Bradford receiving help in 1912 where he gives his age as 62. A very large age gap! I can find no marriage record or even death certificates for them. Any help would be much appreciated.