Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Edwards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarahh

Sarahh Report 25 Jun 2007 13:34

Looking for info on a John Edwards and wife Hannah Edwards (nee Guy).

Both I'm assuming were born in Staffordshire (until I get their marriage certificate, m1880 in W. Bromwich) and so were their children all b. Staffordshire I think, unsure of birth years though. John born anywhere around 1858 and Hannah Edwards nee Guy born anywhere around 1860 as am trying to estimate ages as were married in 1880.

I definately know they had children called
Mary Ellen Edwards b.abt 1881 - d.1949 (m: Ben Bishop 1886-1969)
Emma Edwards b.abt 1884 (m: Robert Williams)
Sarah Ann Edwards b.1893 - d.1977 (m: Sydney Goodfellow 1893-1977)

Children unsure of
Nelly Edwards b.abt 1888
William Edwards b.abt 1891
Alice Edwards b.abt 1895
Hannah Edwards b.abt 1900.

There was a rumour by my nan said that they had around 11 children altogether and that some of them had died.

Any info would be great thanks.

Sarah.

Sarahh

Sarahh Report 11 Nov 2007 20:20

Hi all.

I had the marriage cert for my John Edwards yesterday... he married Hannah Guy on April18th 1880. He was 22yrs old and a labourer, she was 19yrs old and a spinster.

At the time of marriage they were living in west bromwich, Stafford.

Now I need help finding my next Edwards as on the wedding certificate John's dad is also named John Edwards and profession is a Keeper and I have no wife details on the certficate to go on.

Hannahs father is Richard Guy, also a Keeper.

Thanks.