Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Forrest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gordon

Gordon Report 24 Jun 2007 16:39

My Great Grand Father James Forrest was born 1838 Carnwath LKS Scotland. He was married three times. His first wife was Annie Wardrop Kidd. They were married 24 Feb 1860 in West Calder. There were 6 children: Annie Wardrop FORREST Born 1 Apr 1860 West Calder, Midlothian, Scotland B Agnes Smith FORREST Born 12 Jun 1861 West Calder, Midlothian, Scotland B Jane Kidd FORREST Born 1 Jul 1864 West Calder, Midlothian, Scotland B James Kidd FORREST Born 8 Aug 1865 West Calder, Midlothian, Scotland Elisabeth Louisa Kidd FORREST Born 15 Aug 1869 Margaret Lindsay FORREST Born 8 Jul 1872 West Calder, Midlothian, Scotland B Spouse George Gilbert KIDD (Cir 1862- ) SS Marr. Date 12 Jan 1893 - Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, United Kingdom Can anyone help me with any information on these children or their descendants? Thanks, Gord Forrest Mississauga Ontario Canada

John

John Report 2 Nov 2007 19:53

Hi Gordon. My Grandfather Henry Forrest married at Stevenston Ayrshire 13.7.1864 in the Thistle and Rose Hotel New Street StevenstonTH minister wes a Robert Kyd or Kidd his wife,s maiden name was Forrest ,I wonder if they are related! If so here is one more "Leaf" hope ther is a connection.. regards from Nottingham John