Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wooldridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anjenett

Anjenett Report 22 Jun 2007 21:53

After the success in tracing back the BARTLETT side of my husbands grandfather's line, I am now eager to trace back the WOOLDRIDGE line. This is what I have so far: Ellen Wooldridge 1874 born in Broadwell. Parents were Henry WOOLDRIDGE 1853 born in Mau(n)gersbury, Glos, and Jane HYDE 1852 born in Stow on the Wold. Ellen had 4 siblings, Charles, George, Ida and Annie. The problem I have going back any further than this is that the 1881 census has Henry down as being born in 1853, the 1871 and 1861, and the only birth record I can find for a Henry WOOLDRIDGE in Mau(n)gersbury have the year of birth as either 1841 or 1842. Now I do know that it is definately the correct mother and father, as they are both listed with Ellen on the 1881 census, and although Ellen is listed in 1901 as a BARTLETT, I have cross checked marraige records and she did indeed marry William BARTLETT in December of 1900. Their son, Cyril WOOLDRIDGE BARTLETT was born in 1903. Cyril was my husbands great grandfather. If anyone can elaborate on this information, it would be much appreciated, as with the conflicting date information, suffice to say I have drawn a blank. Kind regards.