Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ethel Elizabeth Jolliffe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 22 Jun 2007 21:32

ETHEL ELIZABETH JOLLIFFE, born 19 January 1896 in Portsmouth; parents were Samuel Henry Jolliffe and Elizabeth Sarah Kitcing, residing 10 Manchester Rd, Fratton. Ethel does not appear in the 1901 census but I cannot find a death certificate. also by 1901, Samuel and Elizabeth had separated and filed for divorce. Samuel's family lived on IOW. His parents were James Edward Jolliffe and Harriet Varney. Did another family member take Ethel in? Does anyone have ideas to find death records if not in the index?

Ethel may appear in the 1901 as Ethel Solliffe, patient in infections hospital in West Bromwich. Her mother's family (Kitching and Marsden) lived in the Birmingham area.
--thanks

Ian

Ian Report 5 Dec 2007 08:23

Hi
You having fun with the jolliffe's too. My GGgrandfather was born lionel frank jolliffe born 1989, but was known through out his life as frank lionel bush. I am waiting for his birth cert to come through to confirm his parents but there may be a portsmouth conection. I have found it very difficult to trace him to, but was lucky enough to remember his DOB. and new he died in 1974. You may want to do a quick search in Bush there could be a link. cert arrives any day now so i'll let you know more if parents link with you....ian

Glenn

Glenn Report 7 Dec 2007 17:33

hi
just a quick one.
there are jolliffes in the gosport area